BALNAGOWAN, 38 GREENFIELD ROAD, MOUNT MERRION, BLACKROCK, COUNTY DUBLIN. A94 W2R6
For Sale by Private Treaty BALNAGOWAN 38 GREENFIELD ROAD MOUNT MERRION BLACKROCK CO. DUBLIN A94 W2R6 PROPERTY DESCRIPTION Janet Carroll Estate agents are excited to offer Balnagowan Mount Merrion for sale by Private Treaty. Only the second time on the…
For Sale by Private Treaty
38 GREENFIELD ROAD
Janet Carroll Estate agents are excited to offer Balnagowan Mount Merrion for sale by Private Treaty. Only the second time on the open market since it was built by the renowned builder John Kenny in 1935. Kenny is known for having built the finest homes in Mount Merrion and Balnagowan, a one-of-a-kind, unique, family home is at the very top end of the range.
Standing on a spectacular elevated site with southwest orientation to the rear garden this very large, elegant 4 bedroomed detached property of circa 260 sqm has been tastefully extended and fully renovated to the highest standard while achieving an impressive ‘A’ rated BER classification. Its historical character and charm has been lovingly retained, while at the same time modernised to be energy efficient, warm and offer very comfortable living.
Balnagowan is in turnkey condition throughout with superior finishes and spacious rooms for modern living. The builder has carefully reinstated many of the original charming features such as several exterior and interior arched doors. The original ornate steel arched double doors from the side entrance has been repurposed as doors to the wine vault.
As you enter the property grounds, you will be greeted by a leafy green archway that not only looks beautiful but also provides unrivalled privacy. The front of the property offers generous off-street parking and ample unrestricted on-street parking is available just outside. The front of the property is wired both for electrical charging points for vehicles as well as electric gates if the buyer wishes to install these. There is a separate entrance to the side of the property which can be used as separate accommodation or as a fantastic office or work-from-home space.
– Fully refurbished A rated home
– Super prime residential location
– Prime Elevated south facing site
– High ceilings in all main rooms
– A Rated BER turnkey luxury home
– A video intercom doorbell
– Wired for electric gates.
– Further extension possible subject to planning permission
– The driveway is wired for an electric car charging point
– Laundry chute from the upstairs hallway into the utility room
– A wine storage area with the original ornate steel exterior doors
– Four bedrooms, options to have a fifth, two ensuite
– Large private driveway for off street parking with plenty of on street parking
– Separate front entrance ideal for separate accommodation or running a business from home.
– Private office through the library
– Large main bedroom with southwest facing bay window.
– Storage space in the eaves of the house
– Many feature ornate windows that have been upgraded with triple glazed aluclad windows.
– Southwest facing rear garden
– Wired and plumbed for an exterior garden kitchen and BBQ area
– Air to water heating system
– Two side entrances
– Underfloor heating throughout ground floor
– Underfloor heating to all bathrooms/ ensuites
– Heat recovery ventilation system throughout
BER No: 114416688
Energy Performance Indicator: 60.8 kWh/m2/yr
Private arched entrance to the property
Plenty of space for off street parking
Wired for electric car chargers
Wired for electric gates
Access to side entrance
South West facing garden
2 side entrances
Barbeque area plumbed for hot and cold water for outdoor kitchen
Google search Eircode A94 W2R6 from your current location
By appointment with Janet Carroll, on 087 400 2020 or (01) 288 2020 or by email to [email protected]
Offer is to be sent by email to [email protected]
Janet Carroll Estate Agents for themselves and for the vendors or lessors of this property whose agents they are, give notice that: – (i) The particulars are set out as a general outline for the guidance of intending purchasers or lessees, and do not constitute part of, an offer or contract. (ii) All descriptions, dimensions, references to condition and necessary permissions for use and occupation, and any other details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but any intending purchasers or tenants should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them. (iii) No person in the employment of Janet Carroll Estate Agents has any authority to make or give any representations or warranty whatever in relation to this property.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate, and photographs provided are for guidance only.
PSRA Licence Number: 003434