If student health insurance can increase access to care, it can also help enhance a holistic approach to well-being. This panel will explain how student health insurance can play a key role in a student’s approach to college health. This panel will discuss how student health insurance can be utilized to enhance a student’s well-being, the role essential benefits play in access to health care, especially mental health coverage, and how regulatory changes threaten those benefits.
– M. Jacob Baggot, MLS, Assistant Vice President for Student Health & Wellbeing, University of Alabama at Birmingham; Past President, ACHA
– Maureen Cahill, BS, Director, Student Health Insurance, The Ohio State University
– Karen Kline, MS, RHIA, Manager for Student Health Insurance, Pennsylvania State University-University Park
– Wendy Shanahan-Richards, MD, MBA, Chief Medical Officer, Aetna Student Health
– Ralph A. Manchester, MD, Vice Provost and Director, University Health Service, University of Rochester; Past President, A